Handwoven with care from sustainable natural Rattan
Our Rattan Coffin is a beautiful option for families seeking a naturally light shade of woven coffin. Made from sustainable materials, suitable for cremations and burials.
An alternative to spray-painted white or light-coloured coffins, our Rattan Coffin utilises the natural shade of rattan wood to create a unique and stunning coffin. Handmade in Indonesia using traditional methods, we have reinforced the design with a cane frame for added stability without compromising the coffins sustainable credentials.
Our Rattan Coffins are available in three sizes of our signature teardrop shape. Each individual coffin is hand-finished at our West Sussex site with a cardboard lining and unbleached calico liner.
Why choose a Rattan Coffin?
- Naturally light shade of wood.
- Strong, with unique supporting structure which complements the natural weave.
- Signature teardrop shape
- Made from sustainable materials; rattan is a fast growing and regenerative material.
- Each coffin is handwoven with traditional methods, taking up to a day to complete.
- Completely biodegradable with no metal or plastic components.
- Suitable for cremation or burials, including natural burials.