Tribute Frames are amongst the most discreet and individual ashes urns imaginable.
The ashes container is concealed within the frame itself and no one needs to know that it holds your loved one’s ashes unless you choose to tell them.
When you receive your Tribute Frame you will see the self-contained ashes compartment which is fitted into the rear of the frame. The ashes compartment is very easy to remove with either turn buckles or screws. Once removed, a photo can be placed in the frame – just as you would with a normal photo frame.
If you have purchased your Tribute Frame from your funeral director they will place the ashes inside the ashes container for you and you may just need to lift out the sealed ashes container to position the photo. If you are using the Tribute Frame to replace an existing urn you may wish to speak to your funeral director to find out if they offer an ashes transfer service if you do not feel comfortable undertaking this yourself.
Placing ashes into a Micro, Mini or Midi Tribute Frame:
- To place the ashes in the frames, unscrew the back box from the Tribute Frame and carefully remove it from the frame
- Lift the magnetic flap to open the box, you will find a stand, remove it, and place the ashes inside.
- Close the box making sure you hear a ‘click’ sound and seal closed with two clear circular stickers over the join.
- place the back box into the frame, the same orientation that it arrived in, and secure it with the four screws.
Placing ashes into a Maxi or Multi Tribute Frame:
- To place the ashes in the frame, lay the ashes compartment on a flat surface with the screw-on cover facing upwards.
- Using a screwdriver, remove the cover and put it to one side, making sure to keep the screws safe.
If ashes are sealed within a bag, you can usually lay the bag into the compartment and level the ashes throughout the bag by moving the box from side to side. If the ashes are not already in a bag, or the bag is not the right size or shape for the frame, there is one supplied with each frame.
- Once the ashes are levelled inside the compartment, re-attach the cover with the screws.
- Re-attach the ashes compartment to the back of the frame and fasten it securely with the turnbuckles.
Depending on the size and model of your frame it may be displayed vertically or horizontally and either free-standing, using the included stand, or wall-mounted, with the attached fittings*.
For frames that can display multiple images, a popular option is to display a poem or quotation along with photos.
Choose your frame according to how you would like to display it, rather than simply based on the ash’s capacity. A large frame can be appropriate for any volume of ashes if a large photo, or multiple photos, is what you would prefer. A small frame can be used as a keepsake, or for ashes shared amongst family members and these are particularly suitable for a bedside table or desk.
*fittings for your wall are not included